Saturday, October 22, 2011

Nutella brownies


Let's face it I'm obsessed with brownies. And these ones are up there with the best I've ever had. Better than my Plumb good brownies. Yup, better. They've got a crispy crunchy top and are super gooey inside. I hadn't previously been a fan of crispy tops, but I think I've been turned. I would go as far to say that they are even better on the second day! Really I just plan on using this brownie batter base for everything in the future, and substituting nutella for swirls of peanut butter, cream cheese, you name it. My one mistake was that I only made a half batch. Don't do it, you'll be disappointed. If anything make a double batch. Or triple...

For the brownies:

4 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour

For the swirl:

1/2 cup Nutella


Heat oven to 350°F.

Line 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper, with ends of parchment paper extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.

Spoon tablespoon-sized dollops of Nutella over the brownie batter. Using a knife, swirl the Nutella around until it is just incorporated.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or untila knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Use parchment paper handles to remove brownies from pan before cutting to serve.

Recipe inspired by Baker's Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment