Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fudgies with marshmallows and graham crackers



Oh, God, do you judge people like me? People who eat massive amounts of fudge for breakfast? It just looked so mouthwatering, so delectable, so sumptuous. And the chocolate! The rich, creamy chocolate! Coupled with the airy marshmallows and crunchy graham crackers, I couldn’t help myself. It started out with just one, but another fudge square called my name. So I answered. And it was delicious. Do you forgive me?

For the fudgies:

1 bag marshmallows, cut in half around the circumference
6 graham cracker squares, crushed
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon espresso powder

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and salt over low heat. Remove from the heat and Pour 1/2 of the fudge sauce into an 8"x8" parchment-lined baking pan. Evenly place marshmallows on top of sauce so the circular side faces up. Next, sprinkle graham crackers over marshmallows and fudge sauce so the grahams are distributed within the spaces between the marshmallows. Pour the remaining fudge sauce mixture over the entire thing, spreading evenly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, cut, and serve! But make sure you have friends to serve to… otherwise you’ll end up like me, eating fudge for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment